Dave and I love mac and cheese but I really wanted to find a guilt free recipe. I love Butternut Squash and this version of “mac and cheese” is yummy but healthy. Enjoy!
- 300g peeled and diced butternut squash
- 65 ml of Almond milk
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 or 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g macaroni pasta
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Steam the butternut squash for about 10 minutes or until it’s soft. I tend to place a steamer basket in a pot, add some water and when it’s boiling I add the squash and cook it over medium-high heat. You can also boil or roast it.
- Place the steamed squash in a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Mix the pasta and the sauce in the pan
- I love to add some fresh parsley on top, but it’s optional.