Dave and I are both trying to lose a few pounds and we have been really monitoring our intake of food and, with three dogs, we’re lucky that we have no choice but to go out walking at least twice a day!
But we do run our pop up restaurant a few days of the week, so really wanted to find a Vegan Dessert which was tasty & decadent but wouldn’t make our Guests,or us, feel totally bloated after!
After trying a few combinations, this Chocolate Ganache Torte is definitely my favourite. It is rich and smooth in texture, and includes ingredients which you can easily find in France ( not always the case! ).
I think if you want an easy Vegan Dessert to make for friends or family but don’t know where to start, this is a great starting point.
Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
- ½ cup oats
- 1½ cups Almond Flour ( I used Amande en Poudre which can be found in most big French Supermarkets )
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup ( found in the Foreign Foods section of most big French Supermarkets )
- 1 cup cashews ( soaked for at least 4 hours)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup vegan “vegetale” margarine ( can be found in most French Supermarkets or in many local Bio stores e.g the brand St Hubert BIO)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Garnish (Options ) :
- strawberries / raspberries
- chopped almonds
- For the crust: blitz the oats in a blender until they become a fine flour.
- Mix all the crust ingredients in a bowl until slightly sticky and moist.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the base and sides of a lightly greased tart tin ( you can use rectangular or round)
- Bake the crust for around 15 minutes at 180c, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before adding filling.
- For the ganache: melt down the Margarine in a pan on the hob over low heat until liquid and set aside.
- Place all ganache ingredients except the butter in a blender and blend on high speed until as smooth as possible.
- Slowly add your liquid margarine and then blend again until smooth and creamy
- Pour the ganache filling over your baked crust and smooth out with a spatula for an even finish.
- Set in the freezer for around 3 hours until hard
- Decorate with your chosen toppings and then serve!