This delicious Chocolate & Banana Bread is the perfect mid morning Snack. I often get “the munchies” so need something to pick at which isn’t a bag of crisps or big bar of chocolate! This can easily be made Vegan too. Enjoy!
- 1 egg or ( 1 flax egg = 1 Tbsp flax seed meal + 2.5 Tbsp water)
- 3 medium ripe bananas (approx 425 g)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 45 g coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 55g packed brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup (depending on sweetness of banana)
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 180ml unsweetend almond milk
- 140g almond flour ( I used amande en poudre )
- 165 g all purpose flour
- 100g oats
- 60g Nutella or can use Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 175c and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Add banana to a bowl and mash well with a fork, leaving only a few chunky pieces. You want it pretty smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients up to and including almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine. Then add almond meal, all purpose flour and oats and stir well to combine.(If using Flax egg, prepare in a large mixing bowl and let rest for 5 minutes, then add to mixture with other ingredients)
- Pour into the bread tin and smooth with a spoon, then drizzle on Nutella. Take a knife or skewer and swirl to loosely disperse.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes – 1 hour 15 minutes. When done, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let rest in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.