Dave and I created this dish together. We both love spending time in the Kitchen and Dave is incredibly talented at making Pasta from scratch. I rarely make it anymore as I just can’t compete! We love Pesto so brought our favourite flavours together. Enjoy.
1 small onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 handfuls of Fresh spinach, rinsed & drained
2 tsp tinned sweetcorn ( prefer to use fresh when we have time! )
1 tsp garlic, minced ( can use Dry Garlic Powder as an alternative )
2 tbsp Green Pesto
3 tbsp Creme Fraiche
6 balls of dry Tagliatelle
Parmesan, grated to Serve
Black Pepper and Salt to season
1. Add the onions & red pepper to a pan of oil and cook on a Medium heat for about 2 minutes, until softened. Then add the minced Garlic.
2. Add the cherry tomatos, sweetcorn & spinach to the pan and continue to cook until the spinach has started to wilt.
3. Meanwhile put the Tagliatelle pasta in a pan of boiling water and cook on a high heat until tender ( takes about 5 minutes)
4. Once the vegetables have all softened, add the Pesto ( we bought a jar from Leclerc but do like to make our own when we have time, recipe to come! ). Stir in until the vegetables are all evenly coated.
5. Then add in the Creme Fraiche and, on a low heat, stir into the mixture until everything is coated and you have a creamy consistency. You can adjust the amount of Creme Fraiche, depending on how strongly you want the Pesto flavour to come through. Obviously less Creme Fraiche means a stronger taste of Pesto.
6. Once the Tagliatelle is cooked, drain and add into the pan with the pesto mix. Again, stir until completley coated.
7. Optional – Add Grated Cheese of your Choice and Enjoy!