This dish may not sound that exciting but it is delicious! I adapted it from a Jamie Oliver Recipe and was super impressed. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Serves 4 – 6
- 800 g broccoli and cauliflower
- olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 250 g puy lentils or a can of Brown Lentils ( I used that)
- 1 litre organic vegetable stock
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large bunch of mixed soft herbs (parsley, mint, chervil)
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into even-sized florets, then spread out in a single layer in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle over the garlic, minced and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the veg is cooked through and charred on the outside. Lower the oven temp to 175C
- Pop the lentils in a medium-sized pan, pour over the hot stock and add the bay leaf. Gently bring to the boil over a medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until they’re cooked but still retain some bite. Drain and set aside. ( If using tinned Brown Lentils, just add them in at stage 5. No need to heat first.
- Add the Lentils to to the roasted vegetables, mixing well. Then drizzle over the Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Juice and some Olive Oil. Sprinkle the mixed herbs over the dish and then put the dish back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Pour a lug of olive oil into a medium-sized, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. I always use a Skillet Pan for Halloumi Chop and fry the halloumi until it’s golden.
- Drizzle over the honey and fry for 1 more minute, until sticky and caramelised. Scatter the halloumi over the Lentil mixture and serve immediately.
- I served the Dish with a simple side of Roast Potatoes. Use about 1 1/2 lb of New Potatoes, cut in quarters. Season with Sea Salt, Rosemary and a drizzle of Olive Oil. Cook in oven at 230 C for 40 minutes or until Golden Brown.