This is another of my go to Lunches when I’m in a rush or want to take Lunch out with me. It may not sound exciting from the title, but believe me.. it’s good!!
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- good handful of unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or Honey
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh (or 1 Tbsp dried) dill, finely chopped
- healthy pinch salt and pepper
- 4 pieces of baguette or sliced bread, lightly toasted
- Onion, Avocado, Tomato, and Lettuce for serving (optional)
Garlic & Dill Dressing ( optional )
- 1/4 tub of Hummus
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 – 1 tsp dried dill (or 2 – 3 tsp fresh dill )
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Water to thin
- If using, prepare Garlic & Dill Dressing and set aside.
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork for texture. Then add sunflower seeds, mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup/honey, red onion, dill, salt and pepper and mix with a spoon. Tate and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Toast bread (if desired) and prepare any other sandwich toppings you desire (tomato, onion, lettuce).
- Scoop a healthy amount of filling onto two of the pieces of bread, add desired toppings and sauce, and top with other two slices of bread.
- The Chickpea mixture will keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days, making it great for quick, weekday lunches!