Mmm.. love Flapjacks. Very naughty so only an occasional treat but so worth it. Enjoy! xxx
- 225g (8oz) butter,
- 180g (8oz) demerara sugar,
- 75g (3oz) golden syrup,
- 275g (10oz) porridge oats
- Preheat oven to 160 degC / Gas 3. Grease a 12 x 9″ tray/roasting tin
- Melt butter in a large saucepan with the sugar and syrup then stir in the oats. Mix well and turn into the prepared tin and press down flat with a palette knife or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 35 (25-35 mins) mins or until pale golden brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 mins before marking into squares. Leave in the tin to finish cooling.
- Turn out of tin and cut into pieces
Tip : I did find a way of weighing the golden syrup without making a mess of my weighing pan. I weighed out the sugar first, made a well in it then adjusted the weight and added golden syrup until the right amount was added. The whole lot then slide of the scale pan into the saucepan very easily.