As it gets nearer Spring, I start trying different Salads and dressings. Just tried this Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette today. Wow… so full of flavour! Served it with Spinach, Rocket, Roasted Chickpeas and Halloumi.
Serves 3 – 4
- 1/2 cup packed (56 g) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup tightly packed (60 g) fresh basil (I used half parsley)
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed (2 Tbsp or 12 g)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch each sea salt + black pepper, plus more to taste
Add all ingredients (sun-dried tomatoes, water, lemon juice, basil, garlic, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper) to a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth. If too thick, add more water to thin until pourable . Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon for acidity, garlic for zing, maple syrup for sweetness, salt + pepper for flavor balance, or basil for freshness/earthiness.